“Sequoia” is a computer in a unique aluminum-wooden case. Case materials: high-quality aluminum and solid wood.
This “Sequoia” case was created to get the computer that is pleasant to look at. And I didn't like the designs for computer case available on the market. The requirements were:
- to build a computer case with fine wood and aluminum. I chose this pair of materials because I like the look of wood, but one year ago I built a fully wooden PC case and realized that it looked too boring (for me),
- to make the case thin and high, like my electrostatic audio speakers because it looks great. The height must be like a desktop (table),
- the case shouldn't be small because I need a professional workstation with a powerful CPU, 32GB RAM, 4 hard disks and 2 SSDs and discrete video card inside. This creates a demand for enough room for the system to cool well,
- to use the computer parts that allow the user to install Mac OS X operating system, but also make it possible to use Windows or Linux.
This is an example of the one I made.
The “Sequoia” case is made of wood and aluminum. Almost all of the features that used aluminum are made with the CNC pantograph, so the accuracy and the quality are very high. More than half of the surface of the "box" is covered with solid wood (ash). The wood is found and selected by a local cabinetmaker. He then makes the wooden panels and installs them on the case.
The dimensions of the case:
- the total height: 750mm
- just the "box", without the base: 725mm x 280mm x 120mm
- the base: 380mm x 230mm
According to the “Sequoia” form factor there are some limitations for using the components:
- CPU cooler height: up to 75mm, e.g. "Be Quiet! BK002”,
- motherboard: for the some of the full-width-boards with the width of 244 mm the horizontal SATA sockets may be blocked,
- graphic card: up to 210mm length, install via the riser card,
- HDD 3,5": up to 4 HDDs,
- SSD 2,5": up to 2 SSDs,
- power supply unit: SFX 100mm, e.g. "Siverstone SST-SX600-G"
- case coolers: three 90-95mm coolers, e.g. "Be Quiet! Silent Wings 2 PWM"
- DVD (optional): slim, slot, e.g. "Teac DV-W28SS-V".
The “Sequoia” computer is very silent thanks to using thick aluminum panels.
The "Sequoia" case is fully manufacturing in Italy.
The regular price of the “Sequoia” case is €930. The shipment will include the case (without power supply unit and coolers), the list of the recommended components (parts) and the instructions with the photos for how to install the components.
When making the order you are able to choose the type of wood. Currently we have: